One-time compensation for taxi, tour and car rental companies
The Bonairean island government announces an additional support measure for tourism transport companies. The support consists of a one-time compensation towards the cost of motor vehicle tax for all taxis, (on-road) tour companies and car rental companies registered at the Bonaire Chamber of Commerce. This is a compensation amount of $100 for each vehicle that the taxi driver, tour company or car rental company has registered under his company.
This one-time compensation can be granted under the following conditions:
- You are registered and live on Bonaire;
- You can demonstrate that the establishment date of your company on Bonaire is before March 1, 2020;
- You paid your motor vehicle tax in full for 2020;
- Your company is registered at the Bonaire Chamber of Commerce;
- Taxi company: you are the main driver and you are the person responsible for the license and have the latest valid decree to demonstrate this;
- Car rental company: you must have proof of payment of the car rental tax for the last 3 months;
- The compensation is applied for a registered vehicle or registered vehicles of the company that appears in the registration system of the Public Entity of Bonaire;
This support measure can be applied for until 10 october 2021. This can be done by downloading the application form fromhttps://bonairegov.com/en/ondernemers/one-time-compensation-for-taxi-tour-and-car-rental-companies, filling it in, scanning it and sending the completed form together with the requested proof and attachments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. It can also be delivered in person from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. at the office of the Directie Samenleving & Zorg at Kaya Neerlandia 41.
The $100 one-time compensation is for each vehicle registered as your company’s vehicle.
The Public Entity of Bonaire